Legal services

Areas of representation of our clients

We firmly believe that one of the pillars of society is the family. Therefore, since inception, the legal firm of Manuel Solis has had a dedicated office that defends families in cases related to immigration matters. Our attorneys have extensive experience in obtaining permanent residence, citizenship and asylum for families, and in dealing with matters related to U visa, VAWA and deportation.

After Texas experienced some of the most violent storms seen in a long time, we started to see many people who were suffering because of problems with claiming from insurance companies. Many of these people were defenseless against large corporations that denied them their rights. It was for this reason that we decided to open a branch office that specializes in insurance claims.

When a person experiences this type of natural disaster, or any other major accident, the most important thing is for them to take care of themselves and their family and not to have to worry about medical bills, compensation and documents. Unfortunately, without the help of a lawyer, many people end up on the losing end of aggressive insurance companies that try to dodge their responsibilities. This is how our accident-focused branch was born. Its aim is to defend accident victims, so that they can focus on a quick recovery, knowing that their interests are in safe hands and that a specialist is working on their behalf.


Traffic accidents

An injury caused by a motor vehicle accident may not be apparent for days, or it may be obvious and require immediate medical attention. There are also certain injuries that can cause lifelong suffering, such as an injury to the head or brain. In addition, even after healing physically, you may experience emotional trauma and anxiety following an accident and this may continue for years.

The legal specialists at the Law Offices of Manuel Solís can help you negotiate with your insurance company by commissioning an independent medical study and tests that ensure an understanding of the real damages as a result of injuries suffered during an accident — both those that are immediately apparent and those that may surface in the future.

Workplace accidents

If you had an accident while working, you may be entitled to have all the related medical expenses paid. And you might also be able to claim compensation. However, navigating the complicated bureaucracy of insurance companies is very confusing for those who do not have the necessary experience. This is where we can help. Our specialized lawyers can help you with the entire process, which will allow you to focus on the more important matter of your recovery.

Medical Malpractice

A medical condition caused by an illness or an accident could become worse if you do not receive professional treatment from the doctor or the hospital treating you. Or you might suspect that the death of a loved one was due to a bad decision or action taken by the doctor or hospital where the loved one was treated. If you believe that you or your loved one did not receive professional treatment from your doctor or hospital, and that you suffered damages as a result, we can study your case to determine whether you have the right to claim compensation for your suffering.

Criminal Law

If you have been arrested for drunk driving, drugs, theft, domestic violence, or any other crime, you need to understand that you are in a very serious situation.

Criminal Matters

If you are accused of a crime, you need legal advice from lawyers with experience. The lawyers at the Law Offices of Manuel Solís can help you.

Federal, state and local governments prosecute people for a range of matters, including traffic violations, drug charges and violent crimes, such as robbery and murder. Our attorneys have the experience necessary to help make your case less frightening, as we guide you through the legal process and seek the best outcome for you.

Drug charges

There are a range of drug charges that can be brought against a person, ranging from a misdemeanor (for possession of a small amount of drugs) to more serious charges, such as allegations that the person is part of a criminal enterprise involved in drugs, i.e. producing drugs or selling them. It is important to understand that even the more minor charges carry a severe penalty.

Here are some of the categories of charges relating to drugs:

  • Possession of drugs
  • Sale of drugs
  • Illegal possession of prescription drugs
  • Cultivating drugs
  • Importing drugs
  • Trafficking drugs
  • Transporting drugs
  • Manufacturing medications
  • Drug conspiracy

Driving while intoxicated (DWI)

The legal limit for blood alcohol content in most states is 0.08%. However, drivers can be stopped by the police if they are suspected of consuming alcohol and other drugs, regardless of the amount of alcohol consumed.

Some of the consequences of being caught driving while intoxicated include:

  • A criminal record
  • Suspension of your driver's license
  • A jail sentence
  • A fine
  • Mandatory participation in a treatment program
  • An increase in the cost of automobile insurance
Estate planning

The Law Offices of Manuel Solís are now offering the following documents.

  • Simple will
  • Statutory Durable Power of Attorney
  • Medical Power of Attorney
  • HIPAA Authorization
  • Directive to Physicians or Surrogates
  • Declaration of Guardian
  • Appointment for Disposition of Remains

More information about each document can be found below.

Each document can be completed online. All documents MUST BE printed and signed before a public notary. If you would like for our office to handle your printing needs, we can do so and securely mail them to you in a personalized packet ready for your signature. If not, you can download, print and sign your documents.

Please note that you must sign your documents before a notary public.

Please be aware that Wills MUST BE signed in person, before two disinterested witnesses and a notary public.

Our office will be offering online notary services. An online notary public is a commissioned notary public in the State of Texas who has the authority to perform a remote notarization using an audio-visual conference rather than having the individual physically appear before the notary at the time of the notarization.

Because of the current traveling restrictions, clients will be encouraged to execute the documents at home. If the client wishes to execute the document at our office, we will do our best to accommodate them.

Simple Will

A Will is a document that distributes a person’s personal and real property upon death. In this document, you may name an executor, who must then see that your will is probated as per the Texas Estates Code. This document must be signed in the presence of two disinterested witnesses, meaning they are not named in your Will or have any interest under your Will. This document becomes active upon death.


Statutory Durable Power of Attorney

A Statutory Durable Power of Attorney gives another person the authority to handle or make financial matters on your behalf, it can be made effective immediately or upon incapacity. A Statutory Durable Power of Attorney has no power after death.


Medical Power of Attorney

A medical power of attorney gives another person the authority to handle or make medical decisions for you when you are unable to.


HIPAA Authorization

A HIPAA Authorization allows another person to retrieve or request your medical records, the person(s) named here should be the same as the person(s) named in your Medical Power of Attorney.


Directive to Physicians or Surrogates

A Directive to Physicians is a set of instructions to your doctors and family members instructing them on end-of-life medical care, should they become unable to communicate their decisions. A Directive to Physicians has no power after death.


Declaration of Guardian

A Declaration of Guardian is a document where you tell the court who you want to serve as your guardian should the need for guardianship proceedings arise for you. There are two types of guardians, one for your person and one for your estate. You do not have to name the same person for both.


Appointment for Disposition of Remains

An Appointment of Remains is a set of instructions naming an agent to see your remains through your burial/cremation. In this document you may choose whether you wish to be cremated, the inscription to be placed on a grave marker and any specific instructions you have for your funeral. The agent named in this document has the duty to faithfully execute your wishes. This document becomes active upon death.




Sometimes couples just cannot agree on a way forward in their marriage and eventually decide to separate. The problem is that a marriage is a legally established contract between two people, and must be dissolved properly, in order to avoid problems in the future. That's why it is advisable to obtain the services of a lawyer who can help you make the best decisions to ensure that your rights are protected.

The Law Offices of Manuel Solís can help with the preparation of documents for a divorce agreement and, if necessary, represent you in court if there is litigation.


Children are undoubtedly the most affected when their parents separate. Therefore, it is very important that parents have adequate legal representation, to enable the lawyers to negotiate on their behalf from a technical perspective, rather than an emotional one.

Our lawyers can defend you in a custody case and negotiate child support and visitation rights, to defend your interests and those of your children. We can also represent you in court, if no agreement has been reached between the parents, and you need to litigate.


No-one ever knows their time of passing in advance, but we can prepare for the event. One of the simplest and most economical ways to ensure that all your assets are placed in the hands of the people you have chosen, is to make a will. The Law Offices of Manuel Solís would be happy to help you prepare a will and to analyze your assets, to help you make an informed decision about what to do with them.


The Offices of Manuel Solís are very proud to set the bar in terms of lawyers specialized in immigration issues.

Adjustment of status

Adjustment of status is one of the most common processes used to change immigration status without having to leave the country. If you have already made a request, and the priority date on the visa bulletin has been reached, we can help you apply for Permanent Residence via this process, if you qualify.


Asylum is one way to obtain permanent residence if a person enters the United States without papers. If we can show that you are afraid of being persecuted or have already been persecuted in your home country, we can ask a judge to grant you asylum status in the United States. This will allow you to obtain a work permit and to become a permanent resident in the United States. Inquire at one of our offices about how we can help you with your asylum case.

Defence against deportation

Our lawyers are experienced at helping immigrants with deportation proceedings. Cancellation of removal is one of the tools we can use to stop you being deported, and we are thus able to represent you and defend you before a judge. If you are involved in deportation proceedings, contact us urgently, so that we can analyze your situation and do everything in our power to avoid deportation.

For those who have not been detained yet, but who are at risk of being detained, we have an exclusive program, called the ROI contract (Representation and Orientation to Immigrants). This contract will ensure that you receive representation to start your defense immediately, if the authorities stop you.

Obtaining Citizenship

Many Hispanic immigrants in the United States want to become U.S. citizens. If you have been a permanent resident for more than five years, or if your spouse is a US citizen and you have been a permanent resident for three years, you may apply to become a citizen.

Our specialized legal team can help you with the necessary documentation, as well as to prepare for the Citizenship Exam, in our specialized classes.

Please contact us if you want to naturalize and have been a resident in the United States for more than five years, or more than three years if you are the spouse of an American citizen.

Residence petition by family member

The Law Offices of Manuel Solís boast extensive experience with petitions based on family ties, which are used to help immigrant families to be re-united in the United States. If you are a permanent resident or citizen and want to petition for a family member to join you, please contact us, so that we can help you with this process.


If you arrived in the United States before January 1, 1972, there is a law that allows you to obtain permanent residence without the need for a family member to petition for it. The Law offices of Manuel Solís can help you apply for permanent residence if you meet the requirements.


VAWA is a crucial mechanism for protecting victims of domestic violence who do not have legal status in the country, as ICE cannot deport you, if you have this protection. The Law Offices of Manuel Solís can help you apply for VAWA protection if you are a victim of domestic violence.

We can also help you obtain permanent residence without your spouse making a request. The only requirement is that your spouse be a resident or American citizen and that you have reported your domestic violence case to the police.

U visa

The Offices of Lawyer Manuel Solís can help you obtain permanent residence in the United States, thanks to the U Visa program. If you have been a victim of a crime in the United States and the crime has been reported to the police, we may be able to help you obtain permanent residence status, for both yourself and your family.

Please contact us and we will be delighted to study your case.

Insurance (Property)

Property Damage Lawyers

Get the insurance payout you deserve when your home or business is damaged by water, hail, wind, tornados, or fire.

If your home has been damaged by hail, wind, tornados, fire, or other natural disasters, and you feel that your insurance company is treating you unfairly, we may be able to help.

Frozen pipe insurance claims

Please contact us if your house was damaged as a result of frozen pipes during winter storms. We may be able to help you recover some or all of the costs including:

  • The cost of exposing damaged pipes.
  • Repairs to damaged property.
  • Drying or replacing carpets.
  • Repairing and restoring walls damaged while exposing pipes.
  • Living expenses if you were unable to live in your home due to damages.

Property Damage Claims

We represent policyholders in disputes with their insurance companies. Insurance companies frequently deny coverage, do not pay enough for the damaged property, or take too long to pay a claim. Disputes with insurance companies often involve:

  • Exclusions or conditions written in the insurance policy.
  • What actually caused the loss.
  • How much the loss is worth.
  • Pre-existing damage.
  • Lack of maintenance of the property.
  • Defective workmanship. You've paid your premiums, you deserve to be treated fairly by your insurance company.

We may be able to help you receive the compensation you deserve for hail, tornado, wind, fire and other damage to your property if your insurance company has ...

  • Refused to pay.
  • Underpaid, not covering the full cost of repairing the damage.
  • Delayed payment.
  • Applied an incorrect deductible.

... in response to your claim for damages.

Contact us

Fill out this form, and we will call you in approximately 10 minutes during business hours. If you prefer, you can call now and we will gladly address your concerns.
Copyright © 2023All rights reserved.